It is the second highest risk industry. Through data analysis, stakeholder consultation and workplace visits, the following high risk areas are identified:
This video provides some simple advice when working from flatbed trucks and trailers.
Enable Safety Solutions are experts in the identification and minimisation of these risks. We can develop systems, processes and procedures and help you put controls in place to protect your workers and reduce workplace injuries.
In addition to loading and unloading freight, our clients also report one significant issue.
The very nature of the business means their drivers are remote andoften unable to access OHS policies, procedures and general OHS information. This can often compromise drivers, owners, managers and clients.
Well the good news is if your drivers have access to a smart device, (Ipad, Smart phone or MT Data), then we have a smart solution for you! Call us to find out how we can help!
Enable currently work with a number of trucking companies. Over the past few months these are an example of projects completed.
For a company X in western Victoria
• Conducted a detailed Gap Analysis comprising a comprehensive Legislative Compliance Audit, AS/NZS 4801 Conformance Audit and a thorough Workplace Inspection. ($3,000)
• Developed a customised and comprehensive Health and Safety Management System in collaboration with our client and their employees ($3,000)
• Implemented cloud-based technology to allow all drivers to access the Health and Safety System via Ipads or Smart Phones (1,500 approx) and compatible with MT Data so your drivers can access the Health and Safety system on the road
• Developed Maintenance Modules using QR Scanners to allow drivers to easily report defects whilst on the road
• Introduced electronic Vehicle Prestart Checklists and Drug and Alcohol Checklists etc.
Enable were retained two days per month to oversee the company Health & Safety Management system, conduct investigations and also satisfactorily achieved Contractor Prequalification for a major mining company. ($2,000/month)
In addition for Company Y – a transport company in Melbourne who specialise in carrying Hazardous Chemicals and Dangerous Goods, we completed:
• A comprehensive review of company practice against the requirements of the Dangerous Goods Act, Dangerous Goods Storage and Handling Regulations and the Code of Practice.
• Developed new Policies and Procedures and Emergency Management Plans.
No matter what the issue Enable are keen to assist our trucking companies in their quest to keep the country moving forward. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to call us!